Welcome to NHD Academy
Consumers have a lot to think about when buying or selling real property in California. Good, bad or indifferent, this is one state where deals can pivot on natural hazard disclosure ("NHD") - thanks to real estate laws, regulations and standards of care that protect the consumer and obligate the seller and agents who represent them. The NHD Academy, by First American NHD and JCP-LGS Disclosures.com, eases that challenge with videos for agents and consumers.
In this episode:
- Convenient natural hazard education
- Essential info in three-minute bites
- Video series for agents and consumers
- Hosted by a Professional Geologist
Why is this important?
- Overview of California's "NHD law"
- FEMA Special Flood Hazard Areas
- Dam Failure Inundation Zones
- State Wildfire Responsibility Areas
- Very High Fire Hazard Severity Zones
- Alquist-Priolo Earthquake Fault Zones
- Earthquake-triggered Landslide and Liquefaction Zones
- County and city General Plan Hazard Zones
- Buyers should check with the local planning and building department about restrictions and requirements for a property in a regulated hazard zone.